I've entered the final week now, and I'm getting anxious. Not about being over there, but about CBP at the POE with the I-94W. =p In English, I'm a little worried border control are gonna eat me alive.
They're never very nice to me at the best of times. I can't even imagine how much shit they're gonna give me when I tell them I've arrived for 3 months (non working) to stay with my boyfriend, and then I'll get back on a plane and fly home again - cross my heart.
I think about this way too much. I always do, I'm terrible right before I travel. I have these dramatic visions of grey prison cells and beefy guards with nightsticks and big, red BANNED stamps all over my passport. Hehehe.
In other news, I'm continuing in my efforts to sit on my bag until it yields to my will and magically holds everything I want it to hold. Why do I have so many clothes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Do you have an offer letter from your new job that starts in January that you can show them? You know, to prove that you are actually planning to go back.
ReplyDeleteAfter all, there are a lot of Americans whose ancestors came here from Ireland; some of the INS agents probably think that it's still potato famine time there and that everyone's leaving. (I kid, I joke).
Yeah, I'm organising a letter from the job, but I've just heard some really bad stuff about how people are denied entry because they said they were visiting a BF (so it looks like intent to immigrate) and then other people DIDN'T say they were visiting a BF (and when they were caught out in the lie it looked suspicious). So at this stage I don't even know what to say. =p
ReplyDeleteYou can't just say "visiting friends"? After all, the BF is a friend. I'm a friend, and I'll be visiting with you, etc.
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna be vague as possible unless they ask a direct question.... which hopefully they won't...
ReplyDeleteHave a letter, have proof of a return ticket, and when asked, you're a tourist with a long break before you're able to start a job back home, so you're visiting friends in LA. All true things.
ReplyDeleteThanks, guys. =) It's just the build up, I get so crazy in the brain. Hehehe. I'm gonna say all that stuff, Connie, and hopefully the guard will have had a nice dinner that evening and they'll let me through.
ReplyDelete