Tony, bless his cotton socks, spent his day off yesterday racing around picking up furniture. =D The apartment manager gave us a fridge, and we picked up a sideboard, sofa, kitchen table and chairs off craigslist. (My new obsession is craigslist, I even check it for things I don't need.) Tony's friend gave him a free (!) bed, and his ex-manager in the store he used to work in is giving him a big discount on a headboard.
Poor Tony went over on his ankle moving the sofa, so I think I'll call a stop to the furniture gathering for the moment. When I get over there, I can help pick up some more so he doesn't make his ankle any worse, and hopefully a week is long enough for it to heal up a bit.
My new must-have piece of useless furniture is a wicker rocking chair. Tony says I'm like a little old grandma, but I absolutely LOVE rocking chairs, and I'd love one in the bedroom. We'll see... craigslist has some wonders to offer. Hehehe!
8 days to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


All you need is some knitting for the rocker! And did I mention I can help with that, too? LOLOL
ReplyDeleteWheeeeee! I'm totally going to get stuck into knitting and sewing when I'm out there. I have these fancy notions of getting a machine and sewing my own stuff.
ReplyDeleteAsk Tony if there's a Goodwill or thrift store near the apt. You might be able to get a machine there or patterns (even though they probably won't be your size). And some stores will sell turned in reconditioned machines for cheaper.
ReplyDelete