Apartment hunting is a pain in the ass.
It's even more of a pain in the ass when I'm not in the country, and Tony's at work all the time. Ugh. He has to do the driving about on his days off, meeting managers and checking out cockroach infested holes. And I have to spend hours and days and weeks trawling through page after page of rental sites, culling the crap from the acceptable.
It has to be inexpensive, but not cheap and shitty.
It has to be one bedroom, but not so big that the price is jacked up for extra 'floor space'.
It has to be in an area that's decent, so I can spend hours at a time walking around alone.
It has to be near enough to a store that I won't die of thirst if Tony's at work and I need milk.
It has to be a flexible lease, or at least a manager who's willing to let me live there for 3 months.
Blah.
Blah.
Blah.
My brain might just vacate the premises before we're through. I'm so sick of rental websites. Maybe I should just buy a house. Maybe I should just live in a hotel.
Of course, the really great thing about renting a new place?
When we finally get one, and pour a pile of money into a deposit and first month's rent - we need to furnish it.
Eep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Does Tony have a sister or a trusted female relative of some sort who can help you scout out places before you go. I suggest a woman because boys sometimes don't think of the things that we need, whereas a woman is more likely to know what's acceptable and what's not; i.e., apartment located above a strip club = most boy's idea of heaven and girl's idea of hell.
ReplyDeleteThankfully, his sister went with him to look at places yesterday, and she doesn't go back to college for another month so I'm hoping she continues going with him. =p Boys are silly.
ReplyDeleteLooking for a flexible and nice place in major cities is soooo difficult IMO. Especially LA, Orlando, NY, Miami etc because of such high costs of living. Hopefully he and his sister can find a nice and affordable one! Good luck!
ReplyDelete