Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Success!

Tony found an apartment! =D

He's just got to sign the lease tomorrow, and it's his. He went with a year long lease, which I was a little apprehensive about - as someone who's never lived away from home, I'd have been more cautious and gone with a shorter lease so I could escape home if I was too poor to pay rent. =p But he feels okay about it, so I feel okay about it.

His mom is giving us their sofa, because she wants to buy a new set, and she said we can also have a brand new IKEA dresser that they bought but never assembled. Yay for free furniture! Next on the list is finding a bed and mattress to sleep on, and then hitting up IKEA for those cool Kitchen Starter Kits.

Wheeeeee!! Progress!

2 comments:

  1. IKEA has awesome stuff. I got one of those kitchen starter sets after I got divorced and could no longer stand to look at anything that my XH had touched. They also have good beds, but you know about that from the recent ADWOFF discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE IKEA!! You're going to be able to find everything you need there. Bookcases. Don't forget bookcases. Lots and lots of lovely bookcases. LOL I wish I could have read your lease for you before it was signed. After 20 years of property management, I know that's one thing I can do. I also read tarot cards, but that's another story =p

    Debra

    Edited to add Google is giving me some fits, but it's probably the computer I'm on. So here I am. Anonymous. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete