Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Placemats and Park Visits

I've been getting used to life over here (still sans clothing) over the last few days. I found Whole Foods, which is amazing and I will be shopping there all the time. I found Nordstrom Rack, which is where I'll be replacing my belongings, if it comes to that. I found the laundry room, and Tony demonstrated how one should use the machines in this country (very different to back home).
The days we're together fly by so fast that it's bedtime before we have everything done, and the days we're apart drag by ridiculously slowly so I end up wandering around my apartment cleaning the floors twenty times and refolding my 7 pairs of knickers. =p I'm getting into a routine though - cleaning, writing, workout, walk to the mall, Netflix - so I figure I'll work it out eventually.

Yesterday Tony had the day off, so we decided to take a drive up to Griffith Observatory and see what's there. Unfortunately, Monday happens to be the one day of the week they're closed so we didn't get into the museum, but we did get pictures of some pretty awesome views of the city. I don't have proper walking shoes yet, so we couldn't walk any trails, but I'm definitely going to put that on my To Do list. Instead, we drove down to Hollywood and ended up in The Grove mall, tinkering about in the mega-expensive stores there and watching rich chicks walking their miniature teacup dogs. I bought a cool steamer device and some cute red placemats. Home accessories have become my obsession, I now drool over a nice set of pots instead of a designer purse. Sad, I know.

Late start for me this morning, so it's after noon and I'm still not showered and dressed. Yes, I'm sinfully lazy, I know. But the construction workers right next door wake me up at 7am every morning, and I'm not used to there being no back yard separating me from the world! Only 7 feet lie between my bedroom window, and Steve the guy who's laying the floors in the new building. He takes sweetener in his coffee, if you're interested. Which, at 7am, I definitely am NOT. =p


6 comments:

  1. Whole Foods is lovely; just be careful there. They don't refer to it as Whole Paycheck (as in that's what you'll spend in a trip) for nothing.

    I'm so glad that you're settling in and getting to see stuff. I know you must be bored when Tony's at work, though. At least there's Netflix and a buttload of videos on hulu and youtube that you can watch if you're so inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I'm curious.

    How are the laundry machines different?

    I'm glad you're settling in. And I hope they find you're luggage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I have never been in a whole foods where I haven't come out wanting to run everyone down with my car. LOL The people who shop there are so obnoxious! I MUCH prefer Trader Joe's. Smaller, yes, but MUCH friendlier.

    Sorry to hear about your luggage! But it sounds like y'all are having fun anyway. I'd come see you, but I have a big project at work that starts up on Thursday and things have been BUSY.

    I love the Griffith. Haven't been there in years, but the shows they have are amazing, and the ceiling in the rotunda with the Foucault's Pendulum (sp?) is fantastic. This year they just finished a huge restoration/renovation project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The laundry machines open at the top..... very peculiar!

    I don't know where Trader Joe's is, I'll have to find one. I just liked the deli counter in Whole Foods, mmmmmmmm. And the cute red kitchenware set they have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any news on your luggage, or are they still off traveling like a wandering gnome?

    I was going to ask about your laundry machines too. So yours open in the front? Or are you used to going down to the river with your laundry and using large rocks to pound them :-p j/k!! I'm showing my age, but when I was little, we had wringer washers.

    So glad you're getting settled in. My daughter loves Whole Foods too, along with Trader Joes. Have you been to Target yet? You will LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, it hasn't arrived yet. =( I'm getting pretty discouraged at this stage.

    Yeah, ours open in front and have a little metal drum you pack everything into, and then the detergent goes in a separate drawer. =p

    And yeah, I got a bunch of stuff at Target the first couple of days we were in the apt - throw pillows and frying pans and a can opener and stuff. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete