Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Accumulating Crap

We've managed to acquire quite a bit of stuff in the last couple of weeks. God knows what happens when I leave again in two months. =p

We finally moved the bookcase in and set it up, and bought a tv stand. So the furniture part is mostly done, thank God. I've spent almost $3000 on furniture, the deposit and.... stuff. Just stuff. A comforter, and a swiffer mop, and a throw for the sofa, and that little vase of flowers from IKEA that looks super cute on the table. Yes, I am a demon for spending buckets of money on things we don't necessarily need.

Case in point - our Rock Band 2 game! We bought it yesterday, because we spotted it for a hundred bucks in the game store. However, I maintain it is another excellent way of avoiding crippling boredom during the day, so it *could* actually fall under the Necessary category. It's a lot of fun to play, as witnessed yesterday when we took it to Tony's parents' house and played it with his sisters.

And this morning I wasted at LEAST twenty minutes dragging the drum set around trying to find a tidy place to stash it when it's not in use. See? Hours of fun!

4 comments:

  1. Haha....I buy stuff for the house too. None of my friends understand, but I love having stuff for it!

    I just bought the swiffer broom duster thing to go with my handheld swiffer duster and wetjet. I LURVE them!

    PS - you should add me on facebook. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm....I'd say search for my name. Or find me on one of our mutual friends list...I'd add you but I can't click on your name.

    I know we have Debra, Jean, and Connie in common for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see you on their friends list! Maybe I'll change my settings so I'm clickable, and that will work?

    ReplyDelete