Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 26, 2010

Interview Date Received!

Our interview is scheduled for the 27th of April! We got the letter in the mail today. Still no work authorization, but considering the interview is a month away, I'll probably be (hopefully) approved before I even get the EAD. :)

Now my only question is how to show both our names on the bank account and utility bills when we go paperless...? Tony added my name (allegedly) to the gas and electric, but because we don't get mailed any bills and he just pays online, there is no paper record of that. He claims that there is no earthly way under the sun to print off statements for the last few months for either the bank or the bills, so I don't really know what we're meant to do. Presumably, lots of people go paperless nowadays, so there has to be SOME way of showing the account in both our names. If anyone knows it, Facebook me or post it here....

In other news, we went out for Italian food tonight to a place in Pasadena called Carmine's. The place itself was nice, but the food was just okay and waaaaaay overpriced. I like Italian when it's GOOD but I hate Italian when it's 15 bucks for 70% spaghetti, 20% sauce and 10% chicken. *blech* Still, it was nice to go out for dinner together and it coincided nicely with finding the interview letter in our mailbox as we headed out the door. :D

3 comments:

  1. Carmines...was that on Fair Oaks? Over by OSH? If so, you probably went right by my aunt's house to get there. LOLOL And there's a MUCH better Italian place about 10 minutes south of there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, you can call the bank and the utility companies. Tell them your situation and ask if they can send you a statement with proof of names. They should be able to accommodate you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyn, that's the place! We should go for dinner in the nicer Italian place one of these weekends. :) I don't know why I even use Yelp, I should just ask you to recommend nice restaurants to us - you have lived here most of your life, after all. LOL!

    Connie, I am slowly convincing Tony that is the only way we will get those statements. He just hates calling anywhere. *eyeroll* But I'll tell him again that everyone says he HAS TO.

    ReplyDelete