Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Biometrics Done!

We decided to head out to Van Nuys today to see if we could squeeze in a Biometrics appointment this morning instead of waiting until the 24th. Luckily, it mostly went pretty smoothly for us!

I arrived at the center and there was a small number of people waiting in chairs. A guard handed me a clipboard, cracked a couple of standard "Irish" jokes, and sent me back to fill out my info. When I was done I brought the clipboard back to him and he brought me through straight away and gave me a number. And another couple of Irish jokes.

I didn't have to wait long there either, because I was next in the non-existent line. :D The lady who took me through had some minor drama issues with my passport not being in my married name (duh) so I had to potter over to some department head to get him to okay the exam. Back to the lady and she got ready to take my prints.

Fingerprints aren't done with the ink anymore like the movies, they're done on this really dumb-ass computer screen, like the things you sign at the store for your credit card. So natch, it was full of problems and glitches. *sigh* It took her about twenty minutes to get prints that she declared "okay" and she eventually decided they would have to do. (Hopefully, USCIS will agree with her and I won't have to go back for another set of prints.) Then she took some unflattering passport photo-style shots of me, made me sign her dumb computer thingy and off I went.

So Biometric is complete! Next thing we're all waiting for is another "touched" update on the USCIS website, and then approval and production of my Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

Also, today is one month exactly since we mailed the papers and started the process. :)

5 comments:

  1. You're actually lucky they don't use ink anymore. I had to be fingerprinted when I was in the Air Force, and the stuff left an unholy mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWSOME!!!! Fantastic news! Also though, what constitutes general 'irish' jokes over there? 'hahaha, you're an alcoholic fighter?'
    (can't give out though, we've got our own!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be going very smoothly for you over there :)
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Connie! I had to be fingerprinted when I was a flight attendant and I swear it took days to get that stuff off of me, my clothes, my face (yeah, I touched my face), etc.

    Glad today went so smooth for you! As far as what's next, what does "touched" mean? LOL Sounds like the place has gone looney! lol

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, I have to say, the lack of messiness is a plus! It's just the non-accuracy of the computer that takes so long. Oh well, problems every way, I guess. :D

    And Deb, "touched" means they update my file online to say my case has been touched by an officer on whatever date. i.e. they've reviewed it and sent more paperwork.

    Oh, and the Irish jokes were very leprechaun-centric.... I just laughed as though he was hilarious, in case that's part of the interview. Ha!

    ReplyDelete