I've started looking for a job in the last week. I haven't received either my GC or the SSN yet, but I have a work permit so technically I can work. Plus, we definitely need the money.
Having no idea what I want to do, and realising that beggars can't be choosers, I've applied to a few different places that usually wouldn't be my style. I had a group interview on Thursday at Bank of America, for a teller position (wah) and that seemed to go well. Not my dream job, but hey. I'm of the opinion that people who sit around waiting for their dream job, and refusing to do something they find uncool or boring, deserve to stay poor and unskilled. Ha! I also applied for the position of assistant manager at The Body Shop, and I have an interview for that next week.
I'm kind of between minds right now, about those two places. I'd prefer the shop to the bank, but I'm also considering that I want Christmas off. Which place is more likely to allow it? The bank is just going to tell me there are too many people who have already put in for Christmas vacation, and the shop is just going to tell me Christmas is a blackout date. I don't really want to spend another Christmas here, because it's not a big deal to anyone but me here. I want to see my family, I want to eat turkey, I want to go to Christmas carol services... But we'll see. That's a long way off.
Right now I just have to get through the interviews, get as many offers as possible, and see where the best deal lies for the present. As soon as we pay off the debt we're in (thank you, USCIS) I can think about things like Christmas and college and future job prospects.
Early Happy Mother's Day to any moms that read the blog! Demand your breakfast in bed! =p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment