Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Well that was easy....

Interview passed, application accepted. I'll be getting my green card in the mail within the next few weeks. :D Then I just have to wait and file for a 10 year residency card before two years is up. Such a process!

The interview itself was surprisingly easy. The hardest parts were finding somewhere to park in downtown LA, and sitting in the waiting area for hours. But once we were called in, everything went by pretty quickly. The man was very nice, barely asked us anything. I had to verify the information I'd submitted in the forms, and he asked Tony one question about how we first met. I showed him the lease, bank account, cell phone plan, and Netflix account, and he was happy with that. We were approved within less than ten minutes of entering the room, and he only looked at the photo albums because he said it would be a shame not to, considering how much effort I'd put into them. As far as immigration interviews go, I think that was a pretty darn easy one.

So now, I'm just waiting on the GC. Meanwhile I've started job hunting. I'm focusing on Glendale because I can't drive yet and buses scare me over here, lol. I don't really know what I want to DO, though. I guess retail because I get to move around, I can choose part-time hours for a while until I'm back in the groove of actually working, and it might lead to a couple of casual friends or acquaintances. But if anyone has any good ideas, let me know.

And no, there are no Irish bars in Glendale. :p

1 comment:

  1. I only just read this post now. Hilarious!!
    At least he looked at the album. :P

    ReplyDelete