Two weeks from tomorrow until our interview. EEK!! I'm starting to get pretty nervous about what kind of evidence they'll ask for, so I'm attempting to bring everything with me. There's quite a lot of "everything", when you consider we have emails we wrote to each other, receipts from hotels and airline tickets, gym memberships, Cost Co, photos (OMG so many photos!) and various other assemblages of crap from the last 3+ years. But better more than less, right??
In other news, I attended my first wine-tasting at the weekend. Myself and Tony went with Judy and her "work" friends to a cute little place on Colorado that was only 12 bucks for 4 glasses of wine. Besides the weird guy on the sofa who was trying to horn in on the conversation (seriously, wtf was that all about?!) it was a lot of fun. We also went for French food afterwards, and I had a seriously delish scallops and shrimp appetizer. Mmmm, I love scallops. I must learn how to make them.....
.... where was I? Oh right, the French joint. According to Yelp it's called "The Thunder Down Under the Eiffel Tower" (Vegas reference!) because of the 'hot' waiters. I didn't see a hot waiter myself, but that might be because 22 years in Europe will turn you right off the French. HA! No, it was nice place with pretty decent prices for the kind of food they were offering.
Picture time!! (Hopefully nobody minds overmuch becoming an interwebz celebrity on my blog. If you do, let Judy know and I'll replace this with a picture of me, me, me. Hehe)
I'm currently attempting to make a (deep breath) Ghiardelli chocolate fudge brownie layer cake with chocolate pieces, vanilla frosting layers and chocolate frosting everywhere else. Mmmmmmmmm. If it works, I'll post pictures so you can all weep joyously at the marvel that is my dinner.
My cake! It came out flatter than Mischa Barton's chest, but that's because I don't have a proper cake tin. Must invest in one... But it's really yummy. AllRecipes FTW!


I doubt if it's of any help, but when Charu and Abed were dealing with similar stuff, Charu put the words from the Statue of Liberty on top of all of the other documents. :-)
ReplyDeleteYour cake sounds wonderful. If it's good, do share the recipe! Sounds like a great one to take to my Friday Night Forums!
I'm really lazy, I just used a Ghiardelli brownie mix pack, sprinkled chocolate pieces over the top before I baked it, and then I made the frosting from this really easy recipe I found on AllRecipes.com
ReplyDeleteThere is a cake on there that I'm planning to try next but only when I get my proper round cake tin. :D
Awsome lookin cake there lovely!!! :D
ReplyDeleteAnd more has gotta be better. Fingers crossed as ever.
hello emma. i'll allow my picture to remain on your blog if you'll give me a piece of cake. i'm not too sure about some of those fb pics, though! see you soon, hopefully. for a pedicure! -- kate
ReplyDeleteKate, I will give you a piece of cake but it's not the best cake I've ever made... it might be better to let me practice a bit first.
ReplyDeleteAnd I have more pics I didn't put on fb so count yourself lucky!! We will discuss what remains on fb tomorrow at the salon....