Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Tony and his friend Sal really wanted to go to Six Flags... so on Friday, we made their dream come true. I'm not a big rollercoaster fan; I love theme park rides like the Scrambler or giant swings or water rides, or basically anything that's not a rollercoaster. Traditionally, I've always gone on the rollercoasters though, just because you gotta. This time, in a park that has easily a dozen of them, I just couldn't do that to my stomach.

Instead, I just went on the most horrifying, awful, extreme rollercoaster I've ever seen in my life. (And after that, I felt like I deserved to say "I'm going to wait here with the bags" whenever I eyed up a drop or a loop I didn't like the look of.)

Here is a description of the X-2 rollercoaster from the Six Flags website;
With its 360° rotating seats and head-first, face down drops, X has been one of the most popular thrill rides on the planet.  With the redesign, X2 takes you on a journey to a unique and unchartered dimension of extreme only Six Flags Magic Mountain can deliver. 

Unlike traditional coasters where trains only parallel the track, X2 sends riders screaming around its 3,600-foot maze of steel track aboard massive wing-shaped trains where the seats extend off of the  track to the sides of the vehicle, allowing them to independently rotate you head over heels, forward  and backward creating a one-of-a-kind "don't know what to expect next" sensation.  X2 launches the extreme thrills of X into a new dimension with the addition of a light experience  that changes with every ride.
Did you get all that?? Head-first, face-down drops. Rotating 360 degrees constantly. "Don't know what to expect next" light experience - which was FIRE. 


Those people are UPSIDE-DOWN. And HEAD-FIRST. Anyway, I'm sure you can see how traumatized I was by that ride. But for some reason, my beloved husband is a nutcase and enjoyed it so much he went on it a second time, and then went on everything else in the park as well.

Despite the bad stories I've heard, I thought Six Flags was really nice. I read that they've cleaned it up a lot in the last few years, and it does show. It was still overrun with teens, but it IS a theme park, so anyone who gets annoyed by teens in a theme park is probably seeking out the wrong environment to have fun. Other than that it was clean, there was security everywhere, and there were plenty of families. I ended up looking after a kid of about ten on one ride when she wanted to go a second time but her unfortunate mother couldn't handle it twice in a row. (Why do I always end up with a kid hanging off me, no matter where I go? Crazy!)

Anyway, we were home by midnight, barefoot and decked out in Superman capes. And now Tony wants me to come up with something for us to do today. I don't think anything will top an amusement park, in his eyes. =D  But I'll try. 


Meanwhile, just in case you still haven't grasped the magnitude of my fear....





4 comments:

  1. Oh man... I want to ride that some kind of bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do roller coasters at all; motion sickness makes me puke (same reason I can't read in a moving car, actually). You're a far, far better woman than I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a better woman than I. I will MAYBE go on wooden coasters since they don't go upside down. I will ABSOLUTELY NOT get on any coaster that takes you upside down, does anything weird or freaky or puts me HEADfirst, WTF. Glad you had a good time though =) We are going to the zoo next weekend and I am ecstatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will go on one roller coaster - the one at NYNY in Las Vegas, because I was stupid enough to go on it when I was younger and now it's traditon.

    And come to think of it, I may have a repressed memory of going on the one at West Edmonton Mall. There's a flicker in my mind.

    Yeah, I dislike them so much I apparently bury them deep in my mind so I can't even remember. Huh. (SIDETRACK!)

    Back to your post.....those pictures scare me.

    ReplyDelete