Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What Happened in February

I'm terrible at remembering this blog exists!

Okay, February has been an eventful month thus far. I am relieved to say we have posted off the finished paperwork for the visa and now we're just waiting for news from USCIS. Here's hoping it all goes smoothly and QUICKLY!!

V-Day came and went without too much notice, thankfully. I really dislike celebrating it, so instead myself and Tony met a couple of friends at Downtown Disney and we had some food together. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe. The brownie Volcano dessert was the most memorable part of the meal, the dinners were nice but terribly overpriced at an average of 25 to 35 each for an entree. Eek! Still, it was nice to go to Disney again. I wish we could go to the park but we just really can't afford it right now. They do have that current offer where you donate one day to charity and receive a free Disney ticket, but I don't think I qualify for that without the visa, because I have to be legally resident in the state. Ah well, maybe in the summer we'll have saved up enough for a trip!

I have renewed my efforts at the gym in anticipation of the summer. It's really getting beyond a joke how shittily I've been eating out here, and how much weight I've put on. Yuck. Plus, I don't own a swimsuit yet so when I go to buy one I want one that I'll fit in for the next while! I'm really liking the vintage-style ones at unique-vintage.com (love that store in general) but they're kind of pricey. Still, maybe pricey is the way to go if I want a good suit. We'll see...

My friend that I stay with when Tony works has gone to Mexico for the month to see her family. This means I spend nights alone in the apartment now. It's kind of nerve-wracking but I'm getting used to it. I think the main problem I have is that I've never lived in apartments so I'm not used to hearing people wandering around at 3am in the room next to me! But I find that if I read until I'm exhausted, I can knock out easily enough at about 2 or 3. Phew!

Still not sure if my mom is coming or not. Tickets are expensive and she has a lot of money problems right now, so she may not be able to afford the plane tickets. The cheapest one is about 450 euro. I really hope a miracle occurs and she can come see me, because I miss her a lot, but if not then I guess it's probably going to be next Christmas before I see her.

On a lighter note we won a couple of free nights in Las Vegas (long story short; write letters of complaint, because they pay off) so we'll probably go there at the end of March with Tony's sisters and maybe some friends. That should be good fun, we didn't have a lot of time to explore in November and there's lots I want to see and do!

1 comment:

  1. Yay on posted paper work! And YAY on free Las Vegas! Boo on no mammy. (i'm afraid every job i try for rejects me, so I'll be a while too. :( )
    Yay for em!
    M

    ReplyDelete