Christmas has come and gone, my first one here in LA. Our tree is still up, still looking quite green actually, and I keep procrastinating when Tony suggests we take it down. I hate taking down Christmas decorations, it means the season is really, truly over. Bummer. However, it IS my birthday in 3 weeks so I have that to look forward to! :D
Still not much visa progress. There's so much paperwork to gather, so many different offices and documents to hang about waiting for, in both countries. It's almost a month since my VWP expired, which is Not Good, so I'm hoping everything will be sorted in the next week or two. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here on!
Our new year's resolutions are pretty much just to be more healthy and keep fit. We let it lapse in the last couple of months, not really hitting the gym as much as we should and eating out too much during the week, but we're back on track now and hopefully by the summer we'll be where we want to be. For the moment, I'm just enjoying finding new recipes and trying different things for dinner that we never would have bothered with before.
We went for a walk in Eaton Canyon yesterday afternoon, it was really pleasant. I was just a little nervous about meeting a cougar or something, but the worst we encountered was an annoying little 7 year old who was using a stick as a machine gun to shoot me with. The walk really tired me out though, it's a lot more steep than it looks! Still, it's a great spot to head out to when you're looking for something to do on a sunny day. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment