Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ack!

I forgot to update for ages. Sowwy.

Well, we've been busy! Wedding, Thanksgiving, trying to get the visa done... That last one is proving to be a real bitch, I'm so worried about it because it's already overdue and we're still not ready with the paperwork. There's just so MUCH to go into it. Ugh.

But we won't dwell on that. Christmas is coming, yay! My absolute most fave time of year EVER. We're getting our tree on Saturday, I've already bought the girls their gifts ('the girls' are my friend's children, basically my foster nieces by now), I know what I'm getting Himself but I haven't been able to get it yet, and there are loosely made plans to whip up a huge Christmas dinner during Christmas week, because on the day itself we're going to Tony's parents' house for tamales.

The lights at the Americana look so pretty, I think I have a crappy picture somewhere so I'll try to upload it. I love Christmas lights, they're so twinkly and exciting. I always wish I'm little again when Christmas rolls around because there's nothing like that crazy, excited feeling in your tummy when you see all the decorations and write the letter to Santa, and visit the "Santa" at the mall. I wanna visit the Santa at the Americana, but I can't risk being arrested without having submitted that visa. Ha!
Right now I think I'll go tape some silvery garlands around the window to set the mood. Wheeee!


1 comment:

  1. I love all the decorations. As a kid we drove around and just looked at lights in all the older neighborhoods here on Christmas eve and I really miss the joy and fun we had as a family sipping cocoa and driving and seeing all the people who make the season so pretty! I am tree obsessed and driving DBF crazy, we have 2 rooms and 3 trees in our part of the house, plus lights and decorations on the windows lol.

    ReplyDelete